4:50 a.m. – Eugene Airport
I woke up this morning at approximately 2:10 a.m. – I went to bed last night around 11:45, probably fell asleep by midnightish. 2 hours of sleep. Score. You’d think I’d be EXHAUSTED (and I’m sure I am, my body just doesn’t realize it yet), but instead, I hopped in the car with my Padre, and we headed off to Eugene, stopping at the Pilot station to get dad a coke to stay awake, and me some “breakfast.”
I am shocked at how awake I am. After having to go through the check in line twice, because I’m brilliant and forgot to print off my second itinerary with all of my connecting flights to check my baggage through, I was off through security. Usually I am SO GOOD about dressing for a speedy security check trip, but in this case, I had to unload my laptop, take off my boots (pain!), get all the metal off of course, pull out my carry on liquids (hand sanitizer, toothpaste – you can never be too careful going to another country), and keep an eye on my guitar at all times. On the plus side: My checked baggage only weighed 50 pounds, which sounds ridiculous, but considering that includes the weight of 2 suitcases themselves and a jar of marionberry preserves (OREGON!!!), I’d say success.
Now I’m chilling here at gate B, ready to board. Flight leaves in 20 minutes, and then I’m off for a 32 hour adventure of flying and such, armed with a passport in one hand and Dramamine in the other.
No comments:
Post a Comment