Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Layovers...they're a bitch.

6:30 a.m. - Portland Airport

It's 6:30 a.m....My flight boards at 3:00 p.m.....Save me.

I'm really REALLY happy about the fact that I a. have a laptop with me, b. have my power cord for said laptop, c. have access to both a power outlet and headphones, and d. have movies and TV shows saved on my external hard drive.

11:45 a.m. - Portland Airport

I've slept in three different places already in this airport.  Things I have learned through exploring PDX:  
  • The A-terminal - crazy busy!  It's all Alaska and Horizon air and I'm thinking for the most part, it's puddle jumpers, flights less than 2 hours.  Not a good place to sleep!
  • The C-terminal is the place to be!  Flat screes playing football highlights (I caught the highlights of the Virginia Tech - Boise State game, it looked pretty good), tons of shops and food, and who knew?  Gustav's is in the airport!  Awesome!  I fell asleep to sports highlights.
  • The B-terminal is currently not really in use, and therefore, not noisy.  There are also no armrests on the chairs which makes it prime sleeping location.
  • The Portland Airport is awesome because while it does have a few fast food places, it has far more brewpubs for food.  I'm currently sitting at Laurelwood drinking a pint of their Hooligan, waiting on a Roast Beef and Cheddar melt for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment