Travis (another Austria-bound Beaver) gave me a GREAT idea for packing for Vienna....ready? Pack a suitcase WITHIN a suitcase. Basically, my mom's large suitcase fits almost perfectly within my large suitcase. 1 suitcase over, 2 suitcases back. It's a brilliant idea. And it totally works. Now...to figure out what the hell I want to put in that suitcase is going to be a-whole-'nother task.
In just over 24 hours, I board my first plane (first of four for the trip over) on my long trip over to Vienna, and I don't feel prepared at all on the packing front. I barely had time to move all of my stuff back home and organize it all in my closet before I jetted off for the past 2 weeks to various locations around the country. Got back, room is still pretty trashed, and will now become more trashed with the complete and total emptying of my car, and I'm going into a mild packing panic attack. How very me of me.
On the plus side: I got my German dictionary. Got a phrase book. Got an empty journal to take on my escapades with me (the contents of which will be hi-lighted here, no worries). My plan is to get Harry Potter in German and work on trying to read that to help me along with the whole picking up on German words thing. We'll see how that goes.
I'm waking up in 8 hours to hit the packing hardcore. This can't be a "We'll see how far I get" type of thing, because well, I've only got tomorrow to get all of my stuff together. THIS IS FREAKING RIDICULOUS!
Night, world.
(A day and a half)
No comments:
Post a Comment