I hit the U-Bahn (subway) this morning with Jennifer, Carter, and Cynthia (who stayed in Erasmus last night because she couldn't get her dorm key) to head to WU for an information session for International students, where we met up with Mark. (Note: all of the aforementioned people are OSU students studying at WU.) At first, I was scared out of my mind to ride the U-Bahn, as I have never really utilized public transportation, but this is AWESOME!
After our orientation and certain administrative tasks were finished, we decided to head to Ikea for some essentials (in my case, a towel. Which I forgot. I definitely dried off after my shower by wringing out my hair as much as I could, throwing it in a bun, and then putting my pajamas back on. It's not a great feeling). We had to make 3 connections on the U-Bahn, then catch a bus, and head back. I now feel great about public transportation here. It's convenient, I feel safe on it, and it can really take you anywhere.
Ikea = AWESOME! I have never been before (which shocks people), and I was ridiculously intimidated by it. You could schedule a whole day to go to Ikea, and just walk around. We left, Ikea bags in hand (which we had to buy, because bags are not included in the whole buying things process here). I am now outfitted with a towel (thank god), a cheap duvet cover, a cheap set of pots/pans/utensils, and a smile on my face.
No comments:
Post a Comment