The biggest downside to studying abroad in the fall is missing OSU Football season. It doesn't have to be a total loss, though! The internet isn't just good for social networking, email, blogging, and randomly stalking celebrities, oh no. ESPN 360 will be a godsend while we're all gone.
Oregon State vs. Boise State is going to be a ridiculous game, with a lot of pressure. We even painted our practice fields blue to prep for the intimidating entity that is Smurf Field. Kick-off in Boise is at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard time - or, 2:00 a.m. here. We, as die-hard Beavers fans, will not let that get us down.
Jennifer's roommate has a television, and an HDMI cable. Ross has an HDMI-compatible computer. The result: Game Day in Erasmus room 501. I've got my jersey ready and everything.
To prepare, beer was purchased in flats, any beaver gear available was donned, and I bought a huge bag of pretzels and chips (Brand name: Kelly's. How appropriate). Not only did we have the Austria OSUers, we also had Brian down, who is studying abroad in Sweden, and Ross brought a friend from Finland over as well.
I'll just say interesting times in Haus Erasmus watching football games, and we'll leave it at that. I ate a half a bag of pretzels between 2 and 5 in the morning, which I'm sure cannot be healthy. Football game was a bust, but it was nice to still be able to watch. I'm sure the neighbors (downstairs and upstairs as well) weren't thrilled about the sporadic cheering and yelling for touchdowns, or the OSU First Down chant that we never missed (of course not!!), but not many people were here this weekend anyway, so we weren't a total nuisance.
We may have lost to Boise State, but according to Carter, it's because he didn't have his jersey in the mail yet. Sorry, Beavers, Overseas shipping takes awhile. We're all going to be on a train back from Oktoberfest for the Arizona State game, but you can bet that we'll be ready for Arizona on the 9th!
OOOOOOOOOO! SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! UUUUUUUUUUUUUU! OREGON STATE! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment