Saturday, August 14, 2010

24 days and counting...

So, here's the deal:  In 24 short days, my ass is on a plane to Vienna, Austria for 4 months of studying abroad at Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, a.k.a. WU, a.k.a. Vienna University of Economics and Business.  I am SO EXCITED. 

I've been in Portland all summer interning at an accounting firm.  Internship just ended yesterday, with a very good ending, and now I'm heading back home for a week, hitting up Hawaii for a week, visiting my best friend since 3rd grade for 4 days, retreating with my fellow Beta Alpha Psi officers, and then I'm off.  Damn.  Whirlwind.  Keeping all of this packing for different trips thing organized is going to be an adventure all in itself.

The Goal: 10 countries in 4 months.  Definitely do-able...well, we'll see. 

Essentially, I've established this blog to:
  • Keep me sane while I'm abroad - just in case it gets overwhelming and such.  Apparently, this is supposed to help.
  • Share my experiences with friends and family back home!  Because I can't Skype all of you every day and tell you what I'm up to (that would get real annoying for all of us), you can just check in and see what's going down in Europe whenever you feel like it.  Or not.  I don't care either way.
  • Serve as a reminder of the crazy adventures I'm about to embark on.  That way, when I do come back and will just want to talk nonstop about studying abroad and tell everyone everything about everything, even though I'm sure you'll only want to hear about the first hour and then you will be thinking "JEEZ, Kelly, ENOUGH already", I can just turn to this.  And save your ears.
  • Ok, so keeping a journal or something equivalent may or may not be a requirement for me to get my international degree.  The truth comes out.
Watch for photos.  And crazy stories.  And maybe even a song of the day, if I feel like it.  And whatever ridiculous stuff I decide to throw in here as well.  I have a feeling this will be updated sporadically, and will be full of random paraphernalia that I find interesting, entertaining, boring, whatever I feel like writing about at the time. 

In the meantime:  I'm still waiting on my Visa from the Consulate.  Kill me.  Here's the thing: I could probably get into the country without my Visa and just get it mailed to me.  Definitely couldn't get in without my passport.  Fingers crossed it's here before I leave for Hawaii, so I can REALLY relax over there.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment